- Charles Eisenstein Individually and collectively, we are on a journey from a story of Separation to a new yet ancient story of Reunion: ecology, interdependency, interbeing.
- Eco-Buddhism Many fascinating articles by great teachers and thinkers.
- Joanna Macy – Work that Reconnects
- Kosmos Journal
- Male Journey – Rites of Passage UK organisation supporting men to find themselves
- Resurgence Magazine A forum of thought on environmental and social issues including ecology, alternative education, sacred art, the economics of wellbeing, sustainability and …
- Sri Mooji
- Swatridge.net A new site I am creating to promote my professonal work. In construction
- Transforming Dialogue Voice Dialogue training in England and Holland
- Way of Nature Way of Nature runs extraordinary experiences in nature, helping people find a deeper kind of stillness, balance and purpose in modern life.
- Follow InnerVentures on WordPress.com
My Facebook Page
Tag Archives: Boarding school
Another Chance – by Ardhan Swatridge
A new poem by Ardhan (Paul) Swatridge – October 2019 We learned so much: How not to trust, how not to feel and if we did, to hide our fear our loneliness, our inner truth, at any cost. The rules … Continue reading
Posted in My Poems Tagged Boarding school, healing, inner child, masculinity, poetry, trauma Leave a comment
A left-handed Shame Attack
From her seat next to her husband, the headmaster’s wife called my name, following it with a rhetorical question, designed to shame me: Continue reading
Posted in Articles by me Tagged Boarding school, conscious healing, healing, left-handed, punishment, shame Leave a comment
Teenage Trauma of a pretty ‘Bum Boy’.
It has taken me fifty years to reach a point in my life where I feel ready to talk openly about some of my teenage boarding school experiences. Since my late thirties I have tried to address the most painful … Continue reading
Sexual Abuse & Trauma relived – Part two
My defences against verbal abuse are strong; walled-off and defended after years of boarding school life, away from the relative safety and protection of family and home. I am numbed, emotionally starved, often lonely and miserable, having been relentlessly taunted … Continue reading
Posted in Articles by me Tagged abuse, Boarding school, coming of age, courage, me too, sex, shame Leave a comment
Sexual Abuse & Trauma relived – the first of a two-part account
I am settling down in bed, adjusting to the dark, relaxing after my day, and dropping into the beginnings of sleep. Suddenly I hear movement around me as 6 or 8 male figures loom over me, surrounding my bed. I … Continue reading
Posted in Articles by me Tagged abuse, Attack, Boarding school, sensitivity, shame, shock, victim Leave a comment
Surviving Boarding School – part 2
School cricket team. I am 4th from the left at the back, age 10 or 11. I was eight when I arrived at Boarding School (see my article describing this, dated March 2015). At some point in those early days, … Continue reading
Posted in Articles by me Tagged Boarding school, discipline, emotional blocks, homesickness, resilience Leave a comment
Surviving Boarding School – New Boy.
The master led us up the grand staircase and along a dim corridor with bare and squeaky floorboards; past the dorms of the older boys, who were still chatting noisily downstairs on that first night. We found ourselves in an … Continue reading
Posted in Articles by me Tagged Boarding school, childhood, emotional blocks Leave a comment