When you want to say something, don’t say something which resembles what you want to say but is one step removed. Say exactly what you want to say. Speak the exact words, reach down into your body to find them, into your muscles, lungs, sinews, womb or testicles, fascia, solar plexus and into your gut. Trust that the exact linguistic correlate exists for that feeling, concept, perception, sensation or vision you wish to express. Let your song rise up from through your feet from the dew-soaked earth. Speak the words that wish to come through you, as if by their own volition, and be released and expressed. Speak without shame from your blood sea, from your grief and from your deepest joy. Speak as if you were soon about to die, or as if your words could somehow impossibly deliver the entire world from destruction. Speak with the intonation, the cadence, the melody, the rhythm, the rhyme that reverberates through your body. Let the earth speak through you. Let the gathering storm clouds, the roar of the wind, the shafts of sunlight cascading from the sky, the nectarine ecstatic voice of the beehive speak through you. Let the gesture of an animal or the tremble of the wind through elder tree leaves speak through you. The right words spoken in the right rhythm, at the right time, in the right place have a numinous power, they have the power to affect the body, they have the power to create community. Nature will reply to them. The Gods will hear your words. Matter is malleable in the face of the word; your words have the power to change reality itself.
- Charles Eisenstein Individually and collectively, we are on a journey from a story of Separation to a new yet ancient story of Reunion: ecology, interdependency, interbeing.
- Eco-Buddhism Many fascinating articles by great teachers and thinkers.
- Joanna Macy – Work that Reconnects
- Kosmos Journal
- Male Journey – Rites of Passage UK organisation supporting men to find themselves
- Resurgence Magazine A forum of thought on environmental and social issues including ecology, alternative education, sacred art, the economics of wellbeing, sustainability and …
- Sri Mooji
- Swatridge.net A new site I am creating to promote my professonal work. In construction
- Transforming Dialogue Voice Dialogue training in England and Holland
- Way of Nature Way of Nature runs extraordinary experiences in nature, helping people find a deeper kind of stillness, balance and purpose in modern life.
- Follow InnerVentures on WordPress.com
My Facebook Page